The SharePoint (MOSS) Plan
Microsoft SharePoint is taking the intranet by storm: about 80% of organizations have already implemented SharePoint as an intranet or digital workplace solution.
SharePoint is a portal - web development platform and framework for deploying a reasonably robust employee online collaboration environment. SharePoint is particularly adept at enterprise content management, and federated search in complex digital workplaces.
While SharePoint off-the-shelf includes many features, most organizations don’t want to implement an off-the-shelf solution with the standard look-and-feel. In fact, every organization is different and has different needs, and their online environments should be reflective of this unique personality; and customizing SharePoint can be difficult – and expensive.
The expense and effort to effectively implement SharePoint requires careful thought and continual diligence. If implemented without the proper governance and planning that goes beyond site a launch, SharePoint can create more problems than it solves.
Based on years of experience with dozens of corporate intranets, our technology-neutral approach defines business and functional requirements with a proven methodology for aligning SharePoint and employee collaboration needs with organizational goals and strategy.
While the specific scope of the project will vary based on the client’s unique requirements and budget, common deliverables of our SharePoint Plan includes:
- Business Requirements Analysis – we will interview, gather and analyze feedback from key leaders and stakeholders the current needs and opportunities for improving employee communications, productivity, and information sharing.
- Intranet Plan – Prescient will develop a detailed plan that documents the organization’s need, the intended benefits, the specific strategic directives, objectives, and measurable goals for the ongoing management of SharePoint as an intranet platform. The plan also includes recommendations for a high-level information architecture to structure significant user content.
- Governance & Policies – we will define the roles and responsibilities of the intranet’s owners, key stakeholders and content owners, site developers and managers. A comprehensive governance model will include a detailed Intranet Policy detailing rules and guidelines for creating and managing team and project sites, and content pages.
- Additional Options Available – user experience design, user research, industry and competitive intranet benchmarking, business case development and ROI, functional plan, detailed information architecture and wireframes, content management planning, design, technology audit and planning, employee communications and marketing.
Prescient's strength and focus is measured online success. Prescient’s team of consultants has extensive website experience, and were early adopters of social media.
- We have wide & deep experience working with SharePoint and multiple technology intranet and website environments.
- Prescient boasts a full roster of satisfied, world class, Fortune 500 clients.
- We are the only web consulting firm that promises to build success measures (critical success indicators) into each and every project.
- We have the largest roster of expert speaking engagements of any firm in its class with dozens of conference, seminar & webinar events across the globe every year.
- Prescient has the most published team of experts of any firm in its class with hundreds of published articles to date.
- We have won more than a dozen awards including a prestigious Webby Award.
For more information on the SharePoint (MOSS) Plan, please contact us directly.
Download Choosing an Intranet Technology Platform Whitepaper
Download The Social Intranet: Social Intranet Success Matrix
Attend an upcoming Prescient event.
Contact us for more information.