Prescient Digital Media lives and breaths social media – we use and have implemented:
- Social bookmarking
- Discussion Forums
- User Comments
- User Ratings
- Video / Vlogs / YouTube Channels
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn groups, Yammer)
The tremendous momentum built by Intranet 2.0 has resulted in an explosion of solutions, challenging organizations to sift through their options to find the best fit technology for their requirements (see our landmark study and white paper Intranet 2.0). Compounding the difficulty of how to utilize the new tools is that consumers are adopting social media faster than companies have deployed them for business applications – forcing Communications, Marketing and IT departments to play catch up.
The net result is that many organizations know that they must adopt Intranet 2.0, and know that the solutions they require are out there, but they don’t know how to acquire and implement the best fit solutions for their needs rapidly and within a defined budget.
on our early adopter knowledge of Intranet 2.0, a technology-neutral approach
to defining business requirements and a proven methodology for aligning online
collaboration needs with organizational goals, Prescient has developed a
customizable The Intranet 2.0 Blueprint.
While the specific scope of the project will vary based on the client’s unique requirements and budget, common deliverables in Prescient’s Intranet 2.0 Blueprint include:
- Business requirements analysis – we will interview, gather and analyze feedback from key leaders, stakeholders, and end-users to understand the current needs and opportunities for improvement – and exactly how Web 2.0 tools can be used to improve your business.
- Intranet 2.0 plan – Prescient will develop a detailed plan that documents the organization’s need, the intended benefits, the specific strategic directives, suggested technology, and the types of tools (blogs, wikis, RSS, etc.) and functionality required.
- Intranet 2.0 content plan and policies – we will define the roles and responsibilities of content developers, the dos and don’ts, and recommendations and tips for both Web 2.0 content owners and managers.
- Intranet 2.0 implementation – Prescient will work with your internal IT department to implement 2-3 social media tools (e.g. 1 blog and 2 wikis with several options, features and content focuses) depending on the requirements analysis and subsequent plan, and the RSS technology used to drive posted content to end users.
The Intranet 2.0 study report:
- SUMMARY: Download a free,
summarized version of the Social Intranet Study
- FULL REPORT: Purchase the full Social Intranet Study
The Social Intranet White Paper:
Specific services of note:
- Intranet Evaluation
- The Intranet Plan
- The SharePoint (MOSS) Plan
- Value and Return on Investment
- The Intranet Strategy
- Intranet Blueprint © 2013
- The Intranet Portal Blueprint © 2013
- CMS Blueprint © 2013
- The Intranet 2.0 Blueprint