Emerson is one of the largest power equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and has a global workforce of approximately 127,800 employees across 150 countries.
Emerson’s Process Management division (responsible for Power & Water Solutions) required the services of an experienced consulting firm to help it develop a business case that would demonstrate the value of a renewed intranet to the organization. Emerson had not yet defined the strategic direction of its intranet, which suffered from outdated content, poor functionality and inconsistent design. This was preventing the division from fully realizing the benefits of an engaging, fully-functional and properly-managed intranet.
Prescient helped the organization define the strategic direction of its intranet buy conducting the following services:
|Phase I: Assessment
||Phase II: Planning
- A Heuristic & Strategic Site Evaluation to document the site’s strengths and weaknesses and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Business Requirements Interviews to document business requirements from key intranet stakeholders.
- A User Survey to identify and prioritize division-wide requirements for the new intranet.
- A Key Findings Report which summarizes the business requirements gathered in the Assessment Phase and provides actionable recommendations for improvement
- A Strategic Planning Session and Report to determine the mission, vision, and long-term goals of the redesigned site.
- A Governance Model to ensure the redesigned site is managed properly and to determine if additional resources are required.
- A Business Case that clearly demonstrates the value of the redesigned intranet including hard and soft cost-savings from improved productivity, collaboration and operational efficiencies.